One of the ways Nacho Hippo in Myrtle Beach is an eclectic restaurant is the variety of items on our menu. Not only do we put their on funky twist on your typical nachos, tacos and burritos – but we offer other unique items including Yumm-o Chips, which are fried plantain chips, and Grilled Corn on the Cob, our version of Mexican Street Corn. These range of items keeps us “original” and falling in the category of a fusion of Mexican and Tex-Mex.
If you’re a fan of our Grilled Corn on the Cob, we’d like to share our recipe with you so you can make it at your next fiesta or simply as a fun side dish for dinner. The directions are as follows:
- Add 16 cups of water to a large pot.
- Turn up heat to High and bring the water to a boil.
- Lightly salt the water, adding approximately 1 tbs per gallon of water.
- Carefully place pieces of corn in the boiling water. (A helpful hint: Cook the corn with the husk still in tact. This makes peeling off the husk a little easier.)
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Remove corn from water and allow to drain.
- Carefully remove husk.
- Preheat your grill on High.
- Grill the corn until charred on the outside.
- Remove corn from the grill.
- Garnish with sour cream and queso fresco (crumbling cheese).
- Season with seasoning salt.
Needing an appetizer for a gathering or a snack for a tailgate party? Our nachos will be a hit at any get together!
- Go to the store and purchase your favorite brand of tortilla chips and liquid style queso in the cheese section.
- Preheat your oven to 250 and place your chips on a baking pan.
- Place chips in the oven and warm up them up for a few minutes, until they’re nice and crispy.
- Take them out of the oven.
- Leaving them in the pan, add the queso to the chips.
- Then add any of your favorite hot toppings (taco beef, chopped veggies, chicken or seafood).
- Once all your toppings have been added, top with mixed cheese.
- Turn oven to broiler setting and add the pan of chips to the oven.
- Once cheese has melted, remove promptly.
- Top with your favorite cold toppings (lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream and more queso).
If you’d rather not spend time in the kitchen and leave the nachos and corn to us, come by either our Nacho Hippo North Myrtle Beach or Nacho Hippo Market Common location. We aren’t disclosing the recipe to our ‘Best of the Beach’ margarita – but trust us – it pairs perfectly with everything on our menu!